Tracking down my missing service history

s_pply

As my 2005 987 didn't come with much service history I decided to contact Porsche directly to obtain more of the records. After WEEKS of back and fourth I have finally been sent this screenshot:

Service-History.jpg

I would like to find out more details about each of the services listed here but it's like pulling teeth with their customer service via email. I was thinking of visiting my nearest OPC to find out more and see if they can print out some further info for me, do you know if that is something they can do?

I'm particularly interested in the one from 05/03/2009 at 10,872 miles which states "15230 Intermediate shaft sealing ring / 5043 Oil loss" - could this have been the IMS failing? 🤔

I suggest you be proactive and say "I am happy for you to blank out - in the most economic manner you see fit - all previous customer info so this will not be in breach of data protection legislation".  Head them off at the pass...

Did a similar exercise with my 2010 987 with no documentation or books. Managed to get a set of manuals and a replacement service book. 
I started with the MOT history from “gov.co.uk” which gave me a place to start calling OPCs with rough dates for any work which may have been done.

Got all the stamps now apart from 2014, which may/may not have been done. If it was done by an independent then I doubt I would be able to find it anyway. No receipts, but at least it gives me an idea of its history. The service receipt I got from the last service I got done from an independent just says “Major Service” and the cost on some headed paper so not exactly detailed.

Shout out to Porsche Newcastle and Solihull for their help with the reg no being changed throughout its life.

Good luck hunting. 
Mike 

I've got a service book filled with stamps but I haven't got any of the invoices with the work that was carried out.

To be honest I'm happy enough with the stamps but I'm now really intrigued to know if the "15230 Intermediate shaft sealing ring / 5043 Oil loss" was an IMS failure. 

The seal does weep at times. But on this board, "failure" usually means the engine imploded.  I think if it failed in our language you'd see more than that.  That would be like saying Beirut port recently had "some windows broken".

Archived