Playing music from USB stick with basic cdr-31

Kev73

As above I haven't got a usb port just a 3mm jack plug, anyone had success trying to play mucic from a USB stick, I'm missing that and a hard drive facility from my bmws to play my music files, I'm not interested in Bluetoothing from my phone etc, too much of a faf,I just want something to fit and forget, there's not even a 6 disc cd changer either to plug a USB box in fooling the head unit like I had in an E46, anything out there? 

I cant remember when I ordered mine but there might be an upgrade option you could retrospectively get fitted to the PCM? 

on my spec sheet it shows as:

Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navigation module with universal audio interface

I also have Bose

I can't remember which option gave me the USB ports....call an OPC to ask if they can add the bit in the glovebox that gives USB?

13 hours ago, Kev73 said:

Oh well, I don't do apple stuff 

My iPod classic is the only piece of Apple stuff I tolerate. Bought it years ago to store my CDs and  vinyl in one place. It's got a huge memory and great for talking books whilst driving in Europe.

52 minutes ago, mneil said:

My iPod classic is the only piece of Apple stuff I tolerate. Bought it years ago to store my CDs and  vinyl in one place. It's got a huge memory and great for talking books whilst driving in Europe.

I can't get apple things to communicate with my laptop, just wanted something as an interim as I might be getting a pioneer or kenwood satnav head unit in a few months, we'll see how it goes

Thats the 'Joyeauto' interface which involves taking the CDR31 apart. 

I've heard mixed reviews and given the money involved I'd rather just go for a decent bluetooth streamer.

It's a real pain that the CDR31 doesn't have a USB connection in the glovebox!

I bought a Griffin iTrip some years ago but recently its been dropping out. I've just acquired an iPhone 12 Pro so that may have something to do with it as when I disconnect from the factory phone kit it works fine 🙄

Constantly searching for the best solution to this.............

👍

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a Bluetooth to 3.5mm input adapter which can be charged from the 12v supply in the glove box. (It switches off after 15 minutes of not being used) 
I can then Bluetooth music from my phone (on the phone or via 4g stream) Phone is on a cradle on the dash so I can skip tracks etc. 
easy and it cost £10 for the adapter and £10 for the phone cradle 

Simples 

Jim

Archived