Replacing 986 with 981

DeRo

4 hours ago, moospeed said:

I'd have to agree, even though mine has a lot of the option boxes ticked the only 'essentials' that immediately spring to mind for the next one are the PSE, and most likely the leather dash and paddle wheel if PDK.

I actually find the PSE a bit subtle if anything, when not doing the snap crackle pop.

Yep agreed, add heated seats, and an upgraded sound system to that list. 👍 Those are the things I tend to appreciate most each drive. 

On 12/19/2020 at 2:20 PM, daz05 said:

Yep agreed, add heated seats, and an upgraded sound system to that list. 👍 Those are the things I tend to appreciate most each drive. 

PSE is the upgraded sound system 😁

• 3 weeks later...

We had 986 Boxster S 04 new from OPC Edinburgh which was a summer car and loved it. Years went by IMS let go big bill! My wife loved the car too but found the manual gearbox agricultural compared to our daily X1 M sport. So plan lets update the Boxster.OPC Perth tried to find me a 981 S while trying to sell me a new 718 S. Got close with 981 S but it was Red and they bought it from a private sale on autotrader and shipped to Scotland then added 3k to price! Spend hours looking at dealers OPCs and independents most of which are good. To mention a few RPMtek, Harbour Cars, 911 sport and Paragon. All tried hard but could not find my spec..................colour not white, black or red.Manual was a must until I drive 718 S PDK no going back.Sports seats plus,Sport Chrono, PSE ,20inch classic wheels were important but one owner with low miles a must. Also I wanted the last of the run ie 2015 / 2016. 

You will all be pleased I found it after over a year. 2016 Silver spec all of the above and more and still had 6 months Porsche from new warranty.Only thing it was at a dealer Bournemouth and we are in Perthshire. He took my 986 in p/x unseen at an agreed price and I set off on our wedding anniversary............

I picked it up next day all went smooth and went to local garage to fill up. A guy in new 911 next to me said nice car is it for sale I work at OPC Bournemouth and we would buy it for stock. Got home (700 miles) and my wife loved it (phew) . Took to OPC Perth for 111 health check under the warranty and they wanted to buy it!

It's now tucked up in the warm garage under cover on trickle charger waiting for spring.

To sum up......have a spec in mind, look for the best car your budget will allow and dont give up!

Again I may be speaking to the converted but check out Test Drive Scotland and YouTube 

Cheers 

On 1/7/2021 at 9:38 PM, Afrikaner said:

Again I may be speaking to the converted but check out Test Drive Scotland and YouTube 

Cheers 

Thanks appreciate the plug, i'm actually longing for someone to give me a 986 to drive back to back with mine I'm getting close to just buying one myself as it's taking too long!

Archived