Exactly what can be retro fitted?

highway

Thought it would be useful for this information to be in one place.

Some of this information is here but posts conflict. Let’s try to be definitive-

Are all steering wheels fitted with the elements to become heated steering wheels? Is it just coding? Do some steering wheels have a switch?

Can an OEM reversing camera be integrated properly into PCM?

Anyone had cruise retrofitted and coded for under £450?

Can CarPlay be fitted or do you need PCM 4.0?

costs for this stuff and dates would be useful. 

Great idea for a thread, retrofitting cruise is on my mind too, did it on a 997 and it was simple and cheap.

As for CarPlay, there are solutions like https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/carplay-androidauto that use the existing PCM 3.1 head unit. I’ve fitted this to mine, works as if it is native to the car, yet the existing PCM screens and functions are all still there too. You flip between the two worlds via a long press of the “info” button. As for retrofitting pcm 4.0 to a 981 I have no idea, but would imagine it is very expensive.

If your 981 wasn't spec’d with a wind deflector you may think it’s easily remedied by purchasing one from eBay as you might have done with earlier cars. Yes you need the deflector itself (98156162104 with bag, you can get them without 981561621) for £60-£100, but you also need two parts for the deflector to clip into, 98156173002 insert and 98156165003 guide, these strips of plastic are around £60 each.

Archived