Help with cruise retrofit

jim o'hara

hi, wonder if anyone has done this ?

removed the bottom cowl, stalk now in place, but can only access one hole to attach the stalk

one hole is hidden once you put the stalk in place & anything ive read says install the 2 screws - you cannot access the 2nd screw - any ideas ???

tDmtfzj.jpg

Rm8xPSR.jpg

31 minutes ago, jim o'hara said:

hi, wonder if anyone has done this ?

removed the bottom cowl, stalk now in place, but can only access one hole to attach the stalk

one hole is hidden once you put the stalk in place & anything ive read says install the 2 screws - you cannot access the 2nd screw - any ideas ???

tDmtfzj.jpg

Rm8xPSR.jpg

Just use the one screw; that's what I did. The cowl holds everything in place anyway and I've had no problems.

5 hours ago, red rocket said:

Just use the one screw; that's what I did. The cowl holds everything in place anyway and I've had no problems.

thanks, i was considering trying to insert it from the back and using a tiny nut, but unsure if i have the space

if not, then i'll just use the one

thanks

I had OPC do mine - and while digging around about it I discovered that there are several versions of where the stalk sits depending on what you've already got. This may (probably will) affect screw positions.

So say (like mine) you've got three stalks - lights, wipers, computer - and you want cruise - then it goes on the left. But if you've not got the computer, maybe cruise goes on the right. And if you add something else later then that goes left etc. Apparently there are several combinations of stalk configurations so I'd expect switchgear and screw fixings vary similarly. So suggest you check which version of switch you have and if compatible with the existing stalks you've got.

For example, my 987 has computer on left bottom and cruise on right, while my 991 has the opposite. 

11 hours ago, frozen said:

I had OPC do mine - and while digging around about it I discovered that there are several versions of where the stalk sits depending on what you've already got. This may (probably will) affect screw positions.

So say (like mine) you've got three stalks - lights, wipers, computer - and you want cruise - then it goes on the left. But if you've not got the computer, maybe cruise goes on the right. And if you add something else later then that goes left etc. Apparently there are several combinations of stalk configurations so I'd expect switchgear and screw fixings vary similarly. So suggest you check which version of switch you have and if compatible with the existing stalks you've got.

For example, my 987 has computer on left bottom and cruise on right, while my 991 has the opposite. 

Hi, that's very helpful and something i didn't realise 

this one fits on the right, so the same as your 997

i think i may have figured a way to insert the 2nd screw for behind

thanks again

jim

Archived