Best place to buy oem brand brake pads.

andygo

Where is the best (cheapest) place to buy original (Texstar I think) pads for my 987.2 S. Certainly don't want to buy some questionable poverty pads but rather some that can stand up to the performance of the car.

I'll be swapping to Ferodo ds2500's in the future when I venture to the Ring again, but standard should be fine for non track use.

I have found ebay to be pretty reasonable for Textar pads. These days I use performance pads but I have had a few sets of the textar pads from ebay for about £20 an axle. Just be careful of all the adverts which say things like "TEXTAR PADs for Cayman 2.7 equivalent from CheapoBrakes" I got caught out on one of these and the pads that arrived were something like "BrakeFit"

I have actually looked at design 911 and might go for the Cayman R pads at £74 a set. Looks like they are a better compound than standard without paying twice the price for Ferodo DS2500 pads. Mind you, by the time you have fitted them, almost not worth putting the R pads in. Decisions, decisions...

5 hours ago, andygo said:

I have actually looked at design 911 and might go for the Cayman R pads at £74 a set. Looks like they are a better compound than standard without paying twice the price for Ferodo DS2500 pads. Mind you, by the time you have fitted them, almost not worth putting the R pads in. Decisions, decisions...

I'd just buy decent pads in that case. I doubt the cayman r pads are really much of an upgrade. I had mintex 1144 on my old boxster and I thought they were pretty good. 

Archived