Dash Cam

Gareth_W

54 minutes ago, Gareth_W said:

Good Evening, I'm going to be installing a dash cam some time this week, what would be the best fuse to use for a piggyback? It's a 987.1 55 Plate MY06

TIA

Gareth

C1 is an unused (on a 987) switched (on/off with ignition ). 

Piggy back (at least the nextbase one) sits flat enough for the cover to go back on without issue.  

plenty of room behind the trim there for transformer and there is a convenient earth point there as well. 

4 minutes ago, Paul P said:

C1 is an unused (on a 987) switched (on/off with ignition ). 

Piggy back (at least the nextbase one) sits flat enough for the cover to go back on without issue.  

plenty of room behind the trim there for transformer and there is a convenient earth point there as well. 

Thanks for this, but it raises another question, if C1 is unused then I wouldn't need to piggyback it, could I not just wire a direct fuse from there?

You can kind of.  It’s unused so only half of it is wired, to you have to make a connection that isn’t there (no brass connector just a plastic hole) which is more of a fiddle than I wanted.  The piggy back fakes it and makes it plug and play.  But if you have the right connectors then that would be a very neat solution. 

have a look. You will see what I mean.  

(for reference c1 is fir the 4wd unit on a 997 c4 so makes sense there is no wiring on the “output” side ) 

Archived