Rear track control arm eccentric washer worn?

andygo

My 23mile old car is in for a rear track control arm change as when it need tracking, the imnboard eccentric adjustment bolt had seized in the bush. Garage has just called to say the  front facing eccentric washer was worn.

Not sure how it could wear as it clearly has never been even asjusted. Are they talking rubbish? I wouldn't mind but when they told me to get a new bolt and arm they didn't mention this particular washer or I would have purchased it with the other bits.

https://www.design911.co.uk/pages/diagramsBrowser.aspx?categoryID=5&diagramID=4117

It's part no.19 on the diagram.

I reckon they are actually talking about the bracket/clip bit. I ended up replacing all of mine on my Cayman when I rebuilt the suspension. I probably have a spare washer if that really is the issue but I'd check with them.

PM me if you want the washer and I'll go rummage through the parts bin in the shed.

7 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

I reckon they are actually talking about the bracket/clip bit. I ended up replacing all of mine on my Cayman when I rebuilt the suspension. I probably have a spare washer if that really is the issue but I'd check with them.

PM me if you want the washer and I'll go rummage through the parts bin in the shed.

I gave them parts 17, 18 & 20. I'm not sure which is the clip bit you mentioned.

I don't think its a problem, as long as I mark up the position of inner eccentric washer, all I have to do is undo the nut, remove the washer and replace with a new one.

The garage are normally pretty good TBH, they race cars (Not Porkers) but do well, so they must have some sort of a clue, lol.

I'll report back, but seems a bit weird at the mo.

I can't see your diagram but the clip is the bit which attaches to the sub-frame and the washer moves against. They get worn/distorted over time (they're just aluminium). The washer itself is pretty thick so I think it would take a long time to wear. Perhaps it was damaged when the old one froze?

Got the car back and was told it was all sorted. I'll have to take a look when I have a mo and see whats going on.

Car seems very tight now the geo is a bit better set up.