981 & BT Aux on PCM 3

Stuart21UK

I took little video to show how BT Aux can be used on PCM 3 to control streaming of Spotify to the car pcm/speakers

in essence you can only use skip back & forth on the PCM to skip tracks

no other functionality for the music you are playing, PCM is acting like a dumb Bluetooth speaker where only volume, skip back/forth can be controlled

The binnacle shows track info but the stalk bottom right wont skip or control the tracks

phone remains the means to change playlist/album and also track etc

the other thing to note is the volume level was much lower than the radio had been on PCM (not sure if phone volume had affected the lower volume on PCM?)

The far easier 'music' option remains a USB flash drive connected in the glovebox

:) 

I noticed it was much quieter than the radio when doing this.  Guess how I noticed...  was listening to a podcast on the way home from my Dad's, roof down of course so volume up....  got home, opened garage door, switch car back on - burst eardrums from the radio set to 11 on the volume control.

11 minutes ago, moospeed said:

I noticed it was much quieter than the radio when doing this.  Guess how I noticed...  was listening to a podcast on the way home from my Dad's, roof down of course so volume up....  got home, opened garage door, switch car back on - burst eardrums from the radio set to 11 on the volume control.

yeah happened to me switching from BT Aux to radio...about 10 times louder!