Alarm fault

Tricky54

Help! My 2003 car's alarm started going off repeatedly at 5.20am this morning. The fob cancelled the sounder for a couple of seconds then it went off again. I tried unlocking and re-locking with the fob but it went off again a couple of minutes later. The only way to prevent it going off again was to unlock the car. I'm pretty sure that the car is dry inside and the battery is fully charged. What on earth is going on?

from what i understand, there are a miriad of sensors/switches that can set an alarm off. 

in the short term, its a 5 minute job to disconnect the alarm siren, then at least you can get a decent nights sleep. I'd say 90% of car alarms are ignored these days anyway - more likely to p*ss someone off and get your car keyed than actually deter a thief.

3 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

Referring to alarm battery....

Referring to the actual battery, if it's running low or on its way out it can trigger the alarm as a warning. Usually in the middle of the night.