Bedford Thursday 29/7/21

Gramps

Take your centre caps out from the front wheels. Mine melted and fell off after a particularly enthuisiastic run at Bedford. Admittedly they were ebay specials, but even so, lol. They fell off after I had parked up, the retaining clip part of the mouldings just got soft, deformed and fell out.

Interestingly the pads, fluid and pedal feel had remained OK.

Best top end I saw was 135mph.

Edited by andygo

4 hours ago, brillomaster said:

nope, but im booked in for bedford on monday 18th october, if you fancy some porsche company then.

post up the pics when you're done! hope the weather is good for you, looks alright tomorrow :)

Yeh, fingers crossed. Got a new memory card for my dashcam come through today, just in time I thought but the camera rejected it as not being class 10 🙄 Teach me to buy off Fleabay. Will look into the October date 👍

44 minutes ago, andygo said:

Take your centre caps out from the front wheels. Mine melted and fell off after a particularly enthuisiastic run at Bedford. Admittedly they were ebay specials, but even so, lol. They fell off after I had parked up, the retaining clip part of the mouldings just got soft, deformed and fell out.

Done one at Snetterton in May and they're still there, on my car that is 😂. I did have Carbontech pads in for that date but they squealed so much aftuck the bog standards back on. Wanted to swap them back today but the weather here ahs been absolute shyatee  so hoping the BS ones will hold out. May take the Carbontech with me and change them there if necessary, If I can borrow (or take) a jack.

On 7/28/2021 at 8:40 PM, andygo said:

You must have been more enthusiastic than me, best top speed I managed was about 125 and best lap was a 3 15, which was about 15s faster than my 1st sessions fastest lap. Hard to get a clean lap and a real bummer when you're about to try and put in a quick one then someone pops out of the pits just in front of you, that kills it dead and you have to go all the way round again. Did enjoy it though, although a tad apprehensive thrashing my pride and joy round the track. Mine was the only Boxster, a few Carreras and Cayman GTs. How are the Ferodos on the road? Much squeal? I kept my standard pads in in the end.

The DS3000's are a bit hard for the road I found, so I run with DS2500's on the road which are a lot kinder and less squeely. Standard pads on the back though.

I don't rate Bedford as a track - It's too long if you get a compromised lap and IMHO it doesn't flow very well. On the other hand it's pretty hard to hit anything! Tough on brakes with the various hairpins as well.