Soot & MPG

Cocky

Hi, 

On my 987.2 I'm aware that these are sootier than normal for various reasons however I keep finding it on my bumper after a spirited run. 

Just some small specs, I have contacted two Porsche Indis who have said different things & just wondered if it happened to folk on here who track their cars. 

I live near roads that you can drive pretty hard on and after a long run around these roads I'm hitting approximately 18-20mpg those that track day their cars is that about right also? 

Cheers all, 

Luke 

For the runs that we do I tend to get 18-20 as well (though counting my more sedate journeys up there and back I usually average 22-25 overall) 

for last fridays run I was averaging 40mpg when I stopped at the Trout before our start, but those hill climbs and tight sections really don’t help mpg.

As for soot - as we discussed, a nice even coating soon develops on your tailpipes😀

A decent coat of wax on the rear bumper should mean the soot easily wipes off the bumper.

Edited by Greenman