Roof help please

Boxsum

So I had a look at my roof today which had been noisy and then stopped working ( had previously posted before ).

Found drivers side flexible roof drive cable had destroyed itself so popped off Exeter Porsche and bought a new one £30.84p

Before fitting after searching lots on internet took out roof gearbox to check nothing was damaged inside that may have caused undue stress to snap the cable but all was good, reassembled and checked alignment by markings on casing and fitted, also checked other side and marks aligned. 
Fitted new cable and put everything back except clamshell that I had unbolted just for access and tested. 

Well everything works now quiet as a mouse but the roof doesn’t open all the way down, it looks like it’s stressing the roof 6” before fully open. When I put it up it’s fine but doesn’t stop via a micro switch , is it meant too? I just can’t remember. I’ve definitely done something wrong🙄

Not sure where to go from here? 
Any help gratefully received 🙏

Even the mighty BoXa.net doesn't have an answer to all technical issues. However if you write up a :How to" that's one more technical issue BoXa.net can resolve in the future! Well done BAS for stepping up!

The roof is a very basic system.

In this case, it’s not been adjusted properly on one or both sides - they need balancing and this isn’t always as simple as lining up the timing marks.

Best way is to to work on one side at a time with the opposite cable removed from the motor and take a fixed point and measure the height of the clam at any given point.

If the OP operated the roof without the clam being fitted, this is where the problems would have stemmed as the clam has to hit the rear switch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boxob said:

Even the mighty BoXa.net doesn't have an answer to all technical issues. However if you write up a :How to" that's one more technical issue BoXa.net can resolve in the future! Well done BAS for stepping up!

Totally! Bit of a lengthy explanation to write down unfortunately. 
All I understand from my experience is that if one of your cables eventually snaps the alignment would have been gradually going out as it was continuously being used so not always a simple fit and forget. Then it’s quite a lengthy process syncing everything back up as you can’t just rely on the motor markings. 
If you are going to do this yourself it is well worth talking to someone who knows there stuff first but is very easy to do once you know. Must say again a massive Thankyou to B.A.S International! 

Edited by Boxsum