AOS issues

benjohnstone

Having some issues with the vent hose off the AOS to the left bank (1-3 passenger side)

the corrugated hose has split and is p*ssing oil all over 😆

might aswell change the AOS and both breather hoses. The long one that's split looks a pain to change can anyone give me any insight on how to go about swapping it?

cheers BenIMG-20211003-WA0007.thumb.jpg.91f3ab5d619bed0341456b5956f4a0c2.jpg

On 10/3/2021 at 5:31 PM, benjohnstone said:

Having some issues with the vent hose off the AOS to the left bank (1-3 passenger side)

the corrugated hose has split and is p*ssing oil all over 😆

might aswell change the AOS and both breather hoses. The long one that's split looks a pain to change can anyone give me any insight on how to go about swapping it?

cheers BenIMG-20211003-WA0007.thumb.jpg.91f3ab5d619bed0341456b5956f4a0c2.jpg

Ben

Its just that a pain in the ar*e . No fast rules , just a case of removal of any thing that’s in the way.

• Thanks 1

Did mine a month ago. The AOS was relatively easy to change (just take your time and have all the gear you will need, YouTube video’s are available) but the plastic pipe that splits into two and goes to the inlet manifold seems to made of toilet paper. If you look at it it cracks and splits, mine broke into two pieces. New one is £65 from Porsche. 
I took mine into AHRS to have the PDK fluid changed and a hydraulic leak traced. The leak was a split pipe from the power steering pump, £150 for the part from Porsche! Anyhow as the new AOS breather was in the boot he chucked it on for free. It’s relatively easy to change you just need good finger strength to squeeze the ends to release them.

Good luck.

23 hours ago, Kenbo1000 said:

Did mine a month ago. The AOS was relatively easy to change (just take your time and have all the gear you will need, YouTube video’s are available) but the plastic pipe that splits into two and goes to the inlet manifold seems to made of toilet paper. If you look at it it cracks and splits, mine broke into two pieces. New one is £65 from Porsche. 
I took mine into AHRS to have the PDK fluid changed and a hydraulic leak traced. The leak was a split pipe from the power steering pump, £150 for the part from Porsche! Anyhow as the new AOS breather was in the boot he chucked it on for free. It’s relatively easy to change you just need good finger strength to squeeze the ends to release them.

Good luck.

And if you haven’t, mole grips set on a light pinch is the go to tool

On 10/5/2021 at 7:59 PM, Kenbo1000 said:

Good luck.

aye that one doesn't look too bad to change to be honest. the one thays split on mine is no.4 on the diagram goes to passenger side cyl head looks a pain to swap 😆

987_2008_1_04_104-10.jpg

Recently re did mine as i hadn't fitted it correctly the first time 🙄

The end of the AOS hadn't seated correctly into pipe No.10 on the above diagram. After a few months the car would have a cloud of blue smoke on pretty much every start up, enough to be embarrassing!

I brought the following to hold open the clamp No.9, made it a lot easier https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0769X7DFY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No more smoke now 👍

8 hours ago, Kenbo1000 said:

Your picture of your AOS is different to mine. Here is the number for the one on my car 0PB115099A. 
I think the one for my 987.2 is the newer version and seems to be easier to change.

possibly yeah. mines a 987.1 👍