Front camera installation and an empty wallet!

daz05

Hi, link below to the next video update i've been working on.  All I had to do was install the front camera but as you will see one thing always leads to another...

Very eager to hear from you if you have any tips, advice or trim parts going spare :)

Thanks

Daz

4 hours ago, emil2099 said:

Great video Daz, look forward to the next project. What are you going to put in place of the third rad and that big hole in the middle?

Thanks 👍.  Well I was hoping you guys can help me with that.

I guess option 1 is to retrofit it but it's additional cost and probably unnecessary in my climate and it adds more weight.

Option 2 is to blank it out and use mesh to hide it and make it look aesthetically pleasing.

Option 3 is to install the trim without the radiator and some mesh, the bumper has the vents already and I have the trim piece on order for the gap underneath.

Thoughts welcome?

Edited by daz05

3 hours ago, Rooose said:

I am subscribed - another excellent video and I will follow with great interest - I have contemplated the bumper change on many occasions but always got cold feet. You might just provide the inspiration needed!

Superb, thanks!

Well I really enjoy my projects and it's great to share the experience with people that actually find it useful. Mrs TestDrive doesn't even realise what has changed which is probably for the best as I don't have to share the costs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, C3PO said:

Another top video Daz, great job and looking forward to the bumper project😎

Thank you ! Me too, paint next week and then maybe just maybe I'll get some bits. At this rate I'd be quicker flying to the EU with a big suitcase and getting them myself!

On 10/21/2021 at 12:23 PM, daz05 said:

Thanks 👍.  Well I was hoping you guys can help me with that.

I guess option 1 is to retrofit it but it's additional cost and probably unnecessary in my climate and it adds more weight.

Option 2 is to blank it out and use mesh to hide it and make it look aesthetically pleasing.

Option 3 is to install the trim without the radiator and some mesh, the bumper has the vents already and I have the trim piece on order for the gap underneath.

Thoughts welcome?

Personally, I would go for Option 3. There's always an option of adding a third radiator down the line.