GT4 side vents

andygo

Has anyone fitted these to their 981? Having had my 981 for a month or so now, think the standard black plastic side vents look a bit, well, 'plasticky'.

Is there a source for them without breaking the bank?

Looked on Design 911 and they have copy ones for £210. Found a youtube video which confirmed they are stick on items with 3m (3m the brand not  3metres of tape) tape which should be fine I guess.

I'm not into boy racer bodykits, wings etc, but I do think they finish off that area better.

5 minutes ago, andygo said:

Looked on Design 911 and they have copy ones for £210. Found a youtube video which confirmed they are stick on items with 3m (3m the brand not  3metres of tape) tape which should be fine I guess.

I'm not into boy racer bodykits, wings etc, but I do think they finish off that area better.

I agree. Look good IMHO 👍

• Like 1

I'd prefer if you could buy them without the GT4 impressed into the moulding though. I looked at GT4's adverts and they have the GT4 designation showing, not sure I like the trying to big  up my model though....

1 minute ago, andygo said:

I'd prefer if you could buy them without the GT4 impressed into the moulding though. I looked at GT4's adverts and they have the GT4 designation showing, not sure I like the trying to big  up my model though....

It would be easy when your chosen painter is preparing them to just fill the GT in so that once prepped and painted they’re just plain. Plenty have done it 👍

• 1 month later...

Design 911 as mentioned above. Don’t forget the price on their site dies not include VAT. So more £260ish. I’m hoping they’ll release a discount code soon and then might take the plunge. When I picked up the Ducktail at my local OPC I did inquire about price for an OPC supplied pair of 981 GT side scoops. Let’s just say wallet buster. Can’t remember the exact price but around £500. As mentioned above you then have to get them prepped including the filling of the GT logo which adds to the overall cost. My Ducktail with painting came to £670 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I have been looking at the as well to complement the Spyder spoiler but I can’t decide if they maybe a bit much. Also I think the black side vents break the white up on mine nicely.

51691637715_7711869840_b.jpg

Have you got a front lip spoiler on yours?

If so, it looks superb!

3 hours ago, daz05 said:

@Lonewolfgjpeverytime i see these on a white 981 I think they look great, any other. colour not so much. I'd like to see more but I won't be getting one i'm waist deep in gts plastic bumper parts, getting there but of course its growing arms and legs.

I’m looking forward to your new bumper build, I think it will look excellent 👌 

Im pleased with my front splitter for now but I may go the GTS front bumper in the future. I’m not sure if you run or like wheel spacers but I’m impressed with my new 7/15mm set up. Originally I thought the 15 rears would be too much but actually they look spot on.

51755829322_e5230ddaba_b.jpg

I will research the side scoops as my painter owes me a favour, so we will see in the new year 😎