987.2 Value Advice

Mike K

1 hour ago, eob said:

I have heard that buying a car from these sites can be a different story however:
https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/used-car-dealer-cinch-comes-under-fire-on-bbcs-rip-off-britain/272723

I watched that, as usual its 6 of one.... part of it was a guy buys a used Golf, and 6 months and 5,000 miles later it develops  a gearbox fault and is very angry that Cinch would not pay the £2,500 to fix it.... buying online or in person, without an extended warranty, no dealer would.

Edited by Bike Loon

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

I watched that, as usual its 6 of one.... part of it was a guy buys a used Golf, and 6 months and 5,000 miles later it develops  a gearbox fault and is very angry that Cinch would not pay the £2,500 to fix it.... buying online or in person, without an extended warranty, no dealer would.

I have heard a few stories of cars turning up not as described/undisclosed marks or dings. but you have the option to refuse delivery.
I think some people get too emotional with a particular model/trim and have to have that one at that time.
Personally, I think I would give buying a try. And I may actually be doing it in the next couple of months if my eldest ever passes his test because there is no effing way he's getting the keys to my existing fleet.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:58 PM, Bike Loon said:

Unlikely, any dealer would want to sell their own warranty

Ive bought a dealer car with the extended warranty passed to me as a "private buyer" so yes it does happen. As with all of the Porsches that Ive owned though I've never claimed a penny back against a warranty and after 16 of them I wonder if my luck could run out!

Keith

Well, had it washed well, overfilled the tires, filled the tank, removed the battery. The season is over here, it was -3 this morning and I had winter tires put on my daily earlier this week. It's going to be long six months again before the Boxster season comes. Did only 3000km this year, with the travelling opening again I spent too much time away.

Not wanting to post a picture of a car under a black car cover, I instead post a pic from a memorable weekend trip with my sun in June.

V4Hik6E.jpg

Edited by Finbox
  • Like 3