PPF for headlights?

andygo

Given the propensity for Porsche headlights to craze, attract stone chips etc, has anyone had their lights had PPF applied?

My previous 981 had crazy lights and I'm seeing the early evidence of the same on my 26,000 mile old 2016 Cayman with a couple of stone chips evident etc.

What's the verdict chaps? Any experiences, costs etc? Should be a relatively straightforward DIY project, I'm looking at you Daz, lol.

Not sure to be honest, something to do when they are nice and new, but if you end up sanding them and polishing them up then it could serve as a good protection layer because the sun will get to them.

My issue with PPF is that it expensive and you still see the chips on PPF.

14 hours ago, Withy said:

There are various different kits, it's finding one that has decent PPF rather than some cheap tat.

This make looks ok, there is an install video as well: https://xpel.co.uk/products/headlight-protection-film/

+1 for PPF on headlights. The car is 8 years old and the lights are perfect.

@andygo You can see the edges, especially if you use a paste wax like I did😬 I did have a front wing recovered after I ran it into the garage door. Reep Knarsborough did the work and the polish they used was and still is a superb glossy finish. Must ask them what they used.