Error code help

Stuno1

Do you mean P1025 and is it an active code ?

If so could be fuel high-pressure pump is faulty or if it's had a replacement at some point it needs adaptation with a PIWIS.

P1025 - Diagnostic information ­ DME (DFI) control unit Fuel high pressure adaptation

INFORMATION 1
Faults in the fuel high­-pressure injection system area are frequently caused by defects in the pre­-delivery circuit (fuel low pressure).
Therefore, the pre­-delivery circuit must be checked first in case of problems in the area of the fuel high­-pressure injection system.

Diagnostic conditions

Engine speed 450 .... 4,000 rpm
Engine temperature ­ 10 ... +100 °C (14 ... 212 °F) I Driving with different operating conditions

Possible fault causes

Pre­-delivery quantity or pressure in the fuel low­-pressure circuit too low

Fuel high­-pressure adaptation required (See Information 2)
Fuel high­-pressure pump faulty

INFORMATION 2
The old values must be deleted prior to a new adaptation of the fuel high­-pressure ranges.

The fuel high­-pressure adaptation values can be deleted using >PIWIS Tester II< as follows: >DME< A >Maintenance/repairs< A >Delete adaptation values<

Edited by iborguk

Ta. Came up from the diagnostic when they replaced the bumper. 

Their read out states ‘no fault saved in system ecu, ecu could not detect fault’. But it shows as a fault. May just be an incorrect reading? Seems fine. 

12 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Ta. Came up from the diagnostic when they replaced the bumper. 

Their read out states ‘no fault saved in system ecu, ecu could not detect fault’. But it shows as a fault. May just be an incorrect reading? Seems fine. 

Maybe it's historical then.

Any history showing the high-pressure fuel pump has been replaced ? 

I guess a read of the fuel pressure live values would rule out the pump if it was an active code.

Was this error shown on a PIWIS or some other code reader ? 

Edited by iborguk

1 hour ago, iborguk said:

Maybe it's historical then.

Any history showing the high-pressure fuel pump has been replaced ? 

I guess a read of the fuel pressure live values would rule out the pump if it was an active code.

Was this error shown on a PIWIS or some other code reader ? 

Nothing in the documentation I have but could have been done while the car was under warranty so wouldn’t see it. 

He didn’t say what machine was used. I imagine it is a historical code. If I have no issues I’ll have the car checked come service time late next year.