Rear spoiler adjustments

shaman117

Have 2014 Boxster S. Rear spoiler seems to have different heights it can be set to and causes blinking red light to flash on console button, but driving off w it partially lowered results in retraction of spoiler. Unable to get it to stay in intermediate position. It does extend and retract all the way w push of console button. Can't see if it does it auto because I CAN'T SEE IT when I'M driving!!

Any ideas? Perhaps it is only meant to stay all up or down but then why do they have the other height options?

Normal operation is closed or open. It’s an aero device and it’s either on or off.  

Anywhere between isn’t a normal operation (think like the roof - you can stop between open and closed and you might need to for maintenance   It it’s not “ normal” ) and the car will likely try to “correct” it when it can.  

You can manually adjust the height from standstill. I can't remember if you can control the height by holding the button down at lower speeds but generally when driving it is either up or down, it goes up automatically at 120km/h.

It's possible to programme it with software, I have the Spyder ducktail on mine so have set it to behave like the Spyder with it coming up halfway around 90km/h. It's also in that position if I press the button which looks much better on my car without the Spyder humps. Like so 

image.png.c73b1317a282c0dfe59cb93fb828518b.png

It lifts to full height above 120 km/h.

Edited by daz05