987.1 roof issue - Position reset?

KWR73

Hi - 

A different issue to ones I've had before with the roof.  Somebody I am sure may know what is going on!

First - the roof is in working order and up until it went in to the garage - for a long time [ Issues sourcing parts apparently - post market exhaust for a 2006 3.2s],

- I have no warning lights or issues, but tried opening the roof and the windows roll and then the up/down button doesn't work - now it's get wierd.

- If I release the roof latch before I turn on the ignition, it opens fine, when closing it gets to the end position, I latch and then the motor rolls open for 2 or 3 seconds and then I get 

first - Closing convertible top and then covertible top failure.

My hypothesis is that my garage removed the battery or it went flat with the roof open.

Anybody seen - and does anybody know how to reset the roof to stop that roll-back with an well placed battery disconnect or some other means?

I was convinced that the Rear control unit was toast until finding that it worked by unlatching ahead of ignition - so am stumped. 

many thanks in advance

it could be the latch micro switch - new is about £60 iirc - most take it out and reflow the solder. Mine plays up occasionally I push a digit in the latch hole and it then works

I dont think its super hard to get to and check - I did look it up but cant mnow find the how to

I did find this not tried so do so at own risk - I like this guy actually pretty ok in most of his vids

Thanks - the switch seems to be fine, it's rolling the windows down whenever I unlatch and isn't sticking  - will give it a once over and a good clean to make sure - don't get why the motor is winding back post closure.   It reaches completely closed, close the latch, windows come up and then rolls back for a couple of seconds which and gives the error.

Are there other sensors/switches that might need checking too - how does it know that the "Top Not in Limit Position"

Would you know where that switch/sensor is? I assuming that the top needs to reach that to close the windows.

Limit position is sensed from the motor / gearbox as far as I know.  

there isn’t a reset procedure for roof position after a battery replacement so I suspect there may be some attention required to the gearbox.  

On mine the windows drop but the roof button doesn’t do anything if I push in the latch hole it makes a better contact or non contact… not sure if it NC or NO either way then it moves on the switch… pics show 2 circuits I think in that switch but could be wrong…

sorry not very clear… the switch in the latch definitely enables the button and drops the windows, my intermittent switch stops the button from working. 

Edited by Dubdubz

part no is 986 613 799 00 for the switch just dug my waiting to be put in when it final stops one sat on the table here!

and I got it from OPC as it was the best price felt like it was £60 ish posted 

Edited by Dubdubz