Seat Belt Tension Sensor - Disconnect.

Fat Rat

Honestly I don't know for sure, but I thought the sensors were there for the airbags on face-lift models. If you get an airbag error, a cheap code reader won't clear it. 

Edited by GmanB

On 7/26/2023 at 7:43 PM, Fat Rat said:

I want to fit a set of early seat belts with no sensors while mine are being redone.

Does anyone know if this would be ok.

Understand I will get a fault code, but is it ok to drive. Thanks.

Sensors?

I know there is one in the clasp thing by the centre arm rest.  Are there others?

Ok sussed it out with the help of the Bentley manual. The seat belt is actuated by the airbag system. Fires a little pyrotechnic shot of ball bearings which locks the seat belt. Disconnected the plug and get airbag fault. Understandable. Plugged back in and clears ok with the foxwell reader. Put the earlier belts in and they are both f****ed. Lock up and cannot free off. So obviously been stressed in a bump. Sourced a couple from a fella breaking a 03. So pick them up Monday. Return the shyatee ones to breaker.

Fit them and hopefully they work. The 03 is being scrapped due to bodywork. So hopefully all good. Fella bought the whole car for 400 quid all running. 😂. Steal. He just took the belts out tonight for me as she’ll being picked up tomorrow with running engine and transmission. 🤙🏻

• Like 1

Well today I have sussed out why the belts didn’t work on the drivers side. They sent me 2x passenger side belts with a tilt of 24 degs. The drivers side needs a tilt of 336 degs. So I have asked for a refund on one of them. They will probably send me the drivers one. This means that I will have many seat belts by the end of this. 🤪😂🤙🏻

Ok, little update. Picked up replacement seat belts. Mech all good but bottom securing plates a bit crusty and seat mounts are cracking due to sun damage.

My pair of earlier passenger belts became donars as these parts were ok. Little bit of polish to get the white sun marks off the plastic and all good.

I had them redone in red belting. Look cool.

£40 a side. Plus got £16 back from the breakers for supplying the wrong part and the parts were required for spares. 

Hopefully fit them at the weekend. 👍

glad you got the result you wanted and maybe I am opening a Can of worms,  not suggesting that there are any issues with re-webbed belts

its an honest question.  

how confident are folks that the belts are still viable for their primary purpose once true material has been replaced and someone has pulled them apart and put them back together.  ?

it worries me but I seem to be in the minority 

3 hours ago, Paul P said:

glad you got the result you wanted and maybe I am opening a Can of worms,  not suggesting that there are any issues with re-webbed belts

its an honest question.  

how confident are folks that the belts are still viable for their primary purpose once true material has been replaced and someone has pulled them apart and put them back together.  ?

it worries me but I seem to be in the minority 

Watched the fella do it. Basically roll out the old and unclip it. Fit in the new. Fit the ancillaries and stitch on the end fitting.  All seams welded to stop fraying and and thread ends sealed. 20 years newer than that was fitted and you ain’t gonna break that stuff, it will cut you in half first. They don’t touch the actual belt assembly itself. 🤙🏻