Front grille mesh size

Mikeypat

My first post!  I have bought a 987.1 Boxster S and want to fit aluminium mesh to the front grilles to reduce ingress of leaves and debris bit I want to ensure that cooling is not compromised. I am looking at a supplier and they offer mesh with holes of different size: 10x15, 6x10, 6x4, 3.5x5 (all in mm). I now am wondering what is the optimum size for the holes. I have seen on this forum that some have fitted the smallest size, but does anybody have any idea which is best and if it makes not much difference, whcih looks best? I presume that companes such as Zunsport will have done some research but I cannot fnd out the sixe hole that they decided to use. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

As it’s your first post, I have just gone out in the rain and measured my Zunsport grilles. The diamond pattern has an approximate 8mm size for each side. There is a discount code for Zunsport on this forum somewhere if you decide to order them.

Personally, there’s a risk of overthinking if you worry too much about the grill size and I doubt Zunsport did any research when they decided on that size. About that size will do, to trap big debris such as leaves. Cooling is not an issue with sensibly sized grilles.

1 minute ago, BBB said:

Welcome to the forum.

As it’s your first post, I have just gone out in the rain and measured my Zunsport grilles. The diamond pattern has an approximate 8mm size for each side. There is a discount code for Zunsport on this forum somewhere if you decide to order them.

Personally, there’s a risk of overthinking if you worry too much about the grill size and I doubt Zunsport did any research when they decided on that size. About that size will do, to trap big debris such as leaves. Cooling is not an issue with sensibly sized grilles.

Thank you, that is very kind of you :)

Had my Zunsports in Portugal for 10 years. Never a cooling problem. 

Welcome to the forum, say hello and start a thread in Newbie forum. Your first challenge is posting (not uploading) pics :) 

Edited by Menoporsche
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Had my Zunsports in Portugal for 10 years. Never a cooling problem. 

Welcome to the forum, say hello and start a thread in Newbie forum. Your first challenge is posting (not uploading) pics :) 

Thanks

A Zunsport discount is mentioned - silly question time - how do you get the discount?  Is there a code or do you need to call Zunsport to get it?  I've just had the cooling system refreshed and want to protect that investment.  

Thanks.