Looking to hunt down my old 986 - 1997 2.5 tiptronic - reg L80 XST

Langers

I'm trying to locate my beloved old Boxster.

It's an all original 1997 arctic silver tiptronic. Car is featured here: http://www.radiocafe.co.uk/zold/def_pp4.htm - this was way back in 2005 so you can see how much I loved my Boxster!

If you know this car or its whereabouts, I would be so delighted if you could pass on any info. 

It was sold through the fantastic PorschsaCare/Renn Works* in Stevenage in Feb 2022, having been with them for a while before. I sold it while going through a really tough time as a result of serious illness and bereavement - but I never should have done so as I always planned on keeing the car forever.

I'd love to find out if the new owner might possibly sell the car back. It's long shot - but I guess you never know!

Many thanks

Langers

*I highly recommend Renn Works, having used a couple of indies in London previously who were a total nightmare. Matt @ PorschaCare couldn't have been kinder, what a top bloke; he gave my car the very best treatment since 2015.

Box7.jpg

Box3.jpg

You can put that plate into a few databases I believe to see if it is still "active". No hits might mean it's died and gone to heaven, or that someone has put a private plate on it.

Isn't there one now where a person can search by VIN, for a few quid?

Thanks M.

I've run it throught the gov's MOT checker and seems it did around 90 miles last year, which is encouraging to know it's still alive and kicking. Trying to see if Matt has any info also (he's been away), which is probably my best bet. 

Edited by Langers

• 3 weeks later...

You could try a check with CarVertical? Seems that looks across several databases. Might not give you the current location (hello Data Protection) but could still give you more info, as you have such a personal interest in the car.