Switch replacements

daytona74

OK, I found a box with my sale 2 new switches to replace the worn main switches on the heat part. Pretty much will look good as new when replaced on the centre console, but… how easy is it? 😂 Looks like a flick out and a push in but let’s be honest, never that simple or is it? 🤔 

This help?

By the way - La Rose "are" Spyder Performance - and they sell the replacement switches if you haven't alreayd sourced them - from what I read they are better quality than the Ali Express variety - but no 1st hand experience with them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul P said:

This help?

By the way - La Rose "are" Spyder Performance - and they sell the replacement switches if you haven't alreayd sourced them - from what I read they are better quality than the Ali Express variety - but no 1st hand experience with them

you the man! 🙂

yes, I used that video to do mine - the hardest part was pushing the old ones out; takes quite a bit of force and I'd recommend gloves to stop the plastic stabbing you. Also, 4 hands is useful...

Be careful building it back - there are 4 small plastic pieces that will probably fall out - VERY important they go back in the same way they came out (they will fit in the wrong way but then don't do their job). Also, check you're putting the new switches in the right side AND the right way up.

Want to know how I know to tell you this? No, you don't - I've blocked it out anyway...

There is another video of someone who ripped them out from the front using a drill - not recommended IMO.

Edited by nelmo
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, nelmo said:

yes, I used that video to do mine - the hardest part was pushing the old ones out; takes quite a bit of force and I'd recommend gloves to stop the plastic stabbing you. Also, 4 hands is useful...

Be careful building it back - there are 4 small plastic pieces that will probably fall out - VERY important they go back in the same way they came out (they will fit in the wrong way but then don't do their job). Also, check you're putting the new switches in the right side AND the right way up.

Want to know how I know to tell you this? No, you don't - I've blocked it out anyway...

There is another video of someone who ripped them out from the front using a drill - not recommended IMO.

Am tempted to contract this little ditty out as white dials replacement on a scooby many moons ago nearly sent me the local nut house 🙂

It's really not that bad at all. 10 mins to remove and replace heater controls and about 30-40 mins to disassemble and replace the switches (and clean the LCD screen/Glass plate).

Just over an hour all in.

Edited by Ti Rich

54 minutes ago, Ti Rich said:

It's really not that bad at all. 10 mins to remove and replace heater controls and about 30-40 mins to disassemble and replace the switches (and clean the LCD screen/Glass plate).

Just over an hour all in.

Thanks bud, when are you free? 😉 🙂

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...