718 GTS .........

M12MTR

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bandit_287 said:

How are you getting on with the GTS? I’m still not loving the F4 turbo compared to the F6. It’d be interesting to hear your thoughts compared to your previous car. 

The sound is loud. Then PSE makes it louder. Pre-OPF so no noise reduction. I love it.

Plus the ease to drive quick due to low end torque. I'm very happy.

Yes I deliberated over F6 vs F4....... as I wanted a 981 S or GTS...... but manuals were very hard to find. I've been without a Boxster for 15 months looking for the right one. Seen many and rejected them for various reasons. 

So I looked at the 4.0L 718 GTS...... and nearly bought a 23 plate new one from my local OPC....... also GR, but my sensible head could not justify the cost.... even though I could've afforded it and bought it.

So, my compromise...... the 2.5 F4 GTS....... the right car (most Importantly) and a good deal ....... plus it started up and sounded right.

4 weeks in, yes I definitely made the right decision..... love it. Balance of speed, power, noise, tech, interior, Boxster looks, low mileage and immaculate condition. I wanted GT Silver but GR it is again.

The newer 4.0L F6 would've cost a lot more in price, VED, insurance, fuel, depreciation. My 'compromise' for my budget works for me. Yes the purists and F6 brigade may not agree. But I love it. Plus it has the right options for me, plus others the previous owner has added. It's 'clean' and I'm fussy. So the right BGTS for me.

Compared to my previous 987.2 2.9 base Boxster...... but sounded lovely at 5k revs upwards...... this 718 BGTS is a huge upgrade. And yes a toy as a 4th car for me to use in summer time only.

Win win so far.

Edited by M12MTR
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1