Upgraded Oil Pressure Piston Cold Start Kit

Norbert

No knowledge of it but it looks like 3 (revised) Porsche genuine parts and a crush washer.  

Wonder what those parts would cost over the counter from opc (after some discount).  

I have a 2003 facelift and I replaced my piston and spring. The old one had the straight edges the new piston was chamfered. 
I didn’t have any rattle on start up particularly so without a pressure gauge can’t comment on any improvement in pressure. 

Edited by Halfordwill
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 986T8 said:

There are some posts about it on 986forums.com

I think it was standardized on the 2003 facelift models 

Thanks! In that case the listing looks like an overpriced combination of updated piston + spring.

I bought the piston, spring and washer from D911 wasn’t expensive, changed it over when I did an oil change. 
It only takes a couple of minutes to do. 
The old spring looked a little more compressed than the new one and the piston was chamfered at the edge. 
I did this with the spin on oil filter upgrade at the same time. 

On 1/11/2024 at 7:03 PM, Norbert said:

Anybody tried this before? Apperently it sorts out cold startup rattle, better oil pressure, smoother and quieter startup and so on... Impressive list of claims.

@mvw did this - it'll be in the last few pages of his running report thread.

I have my oil change coming up in April and thought that I could do this at the same time.

Looking into, some people are saying the spring is uprated. I cannot see this with the part number that is offered up. Same one on each occasion.

I understand the chamfer on the piston, so a different number and the need of a new washer.

Anyone put any light on that?

Is it a case of changing as the spring will weaken over time or is it a stronger spring? Thanks.