Renovo roof treatment colours.

phazed

I have treated various hoods with this product in the past, black being the most common and have had good results.
Have also used the dark blue, brown and in the past I’m sure just an ordinary red which was a perfect match for my 987 RS60.

I ordered some more of the Renovo product to treat the roof on my 986, which has exactly the same same colour roof as my RS60, a medium red. When I ordered the Renovo product, they only state a dark red so I assumed this is what I had and it must be correct as the only red listed. 

Open the bottle this morning and poured out an amount ready to use and it is very, very dark red. I’m sure this isn’t the colour I used before or am I wrong?

Anyone had any experience of the dark red? Does it come out very dark red or will it naturally become the medium red that I have used before, I don’t think so.

I would’ve liked to get a couple of coats on today, but will have to hold off until I am sure of the facts.

Look forward to hearing anyone’s experiences with this product. Thanks.

I have used this on several cars but stopped using the colours on first use. It didn’t look natural and . Assuming the roof is in ok condition, a good clean and water proofing treatment (both with Renovo) has worked for me. 

Spoke to them today. Sadly they don't do a mid red colour so will just be reproofing the hood...

16 hours ago, phazed said:

Spoke to them today. Sadly they don't do a mid red colour so will just be reproofing the hood...

I had a similar problem with my Grey roof. Eventually bought dye from Scratch Dr. https://thescratchdoctor.co.uk/product/canvas-dye-kit-for-convertible-car-roofs/

They were extremely helpful, providing me with the closest RAL colour reference to their dye so I could compare to my roof. I had to buy a full RAL booklet but it was worth it for peace of mind. If you wanted to ask them for a reference I would happily send you the corresponding RAL colour 'chip' from my booklet. Got about 100 colours, 99 of which are currently useless to me! :laugh:

I found their product didn't seem to penetrate the fabric but coverage was excellent. It didn’t end up shiny and 'crispy' like some I have seen and I was very pleased with result. Pretty sure @Bluepork03 used their Navy after he saw how mine turned out.

I have used the Renovo products on black hoods and my wife’s mini hood which is brown. Works really well. Looks great at the time but sadly in a couple of years definitely wants redoing if you want the car to look its best.

I must say, I was pleased with the immaculate finish I achieved on the red roof of my 986 just by using their cleaning product!  I will definitely be using the clear waterproofer on this shortly before the car hits the road.