Heaters not blowing

mr.tourette23

Ha, I think. I know exactly what this! Time to free up the fan, Yeah that's still not working, car was fine before laying up over winter so I assumed it was the common fault of a sticky fan. 

Fuses are fine and fan is spinning freely although I don't know quite how easily it's meant to spin, maybe there's still a bit of resistance arguing with a sensor? 

Any further knowledge from the collective? 

If the car is on or the fan is turned on and you give it a nudge to get it moving then it should start to work or spin on its own.  That's all I have done with mine.  Give it a nudge and off it goes.  Job Jobbed.

59 minutes ago, ATM said:

If the car is on or the fan is turned on and you give it a nudge to get it moving then it should start to work or spin on its own.  That's all I have done with mine.  Give it a nudge and off it goes.  Job Jobbed.

Yeah, tried nudging it whilst running, spinning it with engine off, gone for a 50 mile spin in the hope it might spring back to life... nothing 😕. Well I did have a very satisfying first drive out after lay up😊 but slightly miffed about the fan still

10 minutes ago, mr.tourette23 said:

Yeah, tried nudging it whilst running, spinning it with engine off, gone for a 50 mile spin in the hope it might spring back to life... nothing 😕. Well I did have a very satisfying first drive out after lay up😊 but slightly miffed about the fan still

I couldn't drive mine without the fan.  The misting prevented any meaningful vision out the front.  First time it happened to me I was sat at the side of the road thinking what do I do now.  Luckily I did a search and the internet saved me.  Then I went on a rant about Porsche being penny pinching ass holes.  Which is still true.  Especially when I had the sticky brake pedal too.  Both faults deserved recalls if you ask Me.

1 hour ago, mr.tourette23 said:

Checked the fuse ? 

1 minute ago, mr.tourette23 said:

Yeah, fuse is fine, it's really odd as the car was fine pre lay up, I fully expected it to start running after spinning the fan 😒

May sound daft but have you tried spinning it in both directions ? 

4 minutes ago, mr.tourette23 said:

Yeah, fuse is fine, it's really odd as the car was fine pre lay up, I fully expected it to start running after spinning the fan 😒

Sorry missed you'd already stated that the fuse was ok.

On 2/21/2024 at 7:34 PM, iborguk said:

Mine had to be replaced.

Same. Replaced over winter. I forget exactly what it was that needed doing but was reasonably major whatever had failed. Alarm was faulty as well and fixed at the same time. 

9 hours ago, kharma45 said:

Same. Replaced over winter. I forget exactly what it was that needed doing but was reasonably major whatever had failed. Alarm was faulty as well and fixed at the same time. 

Can you remember what sort of cost it was? Got a big service coming up and this is only going to add to the pain😢

25 minutes ago, mr.tourette23 said:

Can you remember what sort of cost it was? Got a big service coming up and this is only going to add to the pain😢

If it’s the motor then ballpark £450 for the part itself. Think it was a couple of hours labour on mine.

Suggest phone a Porsche parts dept for a price on the fan itself.

https://www.design911.co.uk/p/porsche-981-991-heater-ac-blower-99157392201/

Edited by iborguk

On 2/23/2024 at 7:42 AM, mr.tourette23 said:

Done under warranty so I am not sure, sorry.