Can't raise spoiler via 'the button' but no other issues...?

westyxxx

Hi all,

Took the 987.2 out for it's first run this year yesterday and decided to press every button on the centre console to check everything is working as it should.

Everything did apart from the spoiler raise button, which did nothing and no light came on.

Also opened and closed the roof several times with no issues.

Went for a drive along a section of <ahem> 'private road' to get up to 80mph expecting a spoiler not deployed type warning but nope, nothing.

I can't actually see if the spoiler was up or not but assume the lack of error message means it was?

So is this a failure of the button, or a fuse, or....??

TIA!

PS It sits on a trickle charger if I'm not using over the winter, and started first turn of the key so battery appears all good too.

You need to tape a small stick to the edge of the spoiler as thats the only way you will see if it raises, without someone following you. 

The fuse for the spoiler is #3 on Row A which is the third fuse from the left on the top full row of vertically-aligned fuses. It is a blue 15A fuse.

You should pull it out and test it. You can have a good look at it, but it would be best if you had a tester to see if it was working. If you have a spare 15A fuse you know is good you can just pop it in and see if that fixes your issue.

Note that you should do this with your car off and the key out of the ignition. You don't have to disconnect the battery or anything.

Thanks, tried a new 15A fuse but the no difference, button not working.

I did establish that the spoiler is actually deploying properly at speed though.

Stuck a couple of lengths of detailing tape between the spoiler and bodywork and went for a spin.

When I got back the tape had clearly come off the spoiler and then got stuck underneath it as it had gone up then back down again.

I can live without the button working now I know the spoiler is. :)

IIRC, on the 987 you have to hold the button to raise the spoiler. I think it’s that way so you can raise it to whatever height you want. So, if you’re just pressing the button and expecting it to operate to full height, then try holding the button down.