Roof problem:

Paul Harper

The plastic ball joint snapped on one side, fortunately I ordered some a few months back from Amazon as I thought they would break sooner or later. After replacing it the other one then snapped. This one will not stay on and is coming off every time the roof operates. The ones I bought are not OEM so am thinking are they coming off because of this. Obviously I can order a pair again from Amazon but OEM ones, would this sort it out, do they fit better?
There is another issue. The nut has come loose on the other side of the ball and I can’t see a way of tightening it due to there being no space, any ideas?
Thanks.

17 hours ago, Paul Harper said:

The plastic ball joint snapped on one side, fortunately I ordered some a few months back from Amazon as I thought they would break sooner or later. After replacing it the other one then snapped. This one will not stay on and is coming off every time the roof operates. The ones I bought are not OEM so am thinking are they coming off because of this. Obviously I can order a pair again from Amazon but OEM ones, would this sort it out, do they fit better?
There is another issue. The nut has come loose on the other side of the ball and I can’t see a way of tightening it due to there being no space, any ideas?
Thanks.

Have a feeling that OPCs will only sell you the whole arm not just the ball joint. But may be worth giving them a call.  Pretty sure everyone (including me) has bought replacements from ebay( could be same supplier as Amazon). Don't recall hearing of anyone having issues with them detaching. Surprised to hear you had a second one go. This suggests they're not set up correctly, unless you got the latch caught which is the usual cause. Long time since I did mine so can't remember the set up to be able to comment re the other issue.