Zunsport grill removal

Bennyboyc

Afternoon all, looking at a 987.1 S with silver Zunsport front grills fitted. It’s a silver car and I think the silver grills clash a little? Have read how easy they are to install but what about to remove? Do like the grills but would have to be black for me I think. Thanks and looking forward to being on here more often shortly!

I use a small, pointed hook on a handle, to pull the top mounting tabs down, while pulling the grille gently forward. Once the top is free, angle the whole grille and it just slides out. They are easier to remove than fit. It takes a bit more care putting them back in, to avoid scratching any paint.

Here’s a link to a set of tools like mine.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/amtech-4pc-mini-hook-and-pick-set-553981290?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwtqmwBhBVEiwAL-WAYQ4bPcEtezLOAPWGHsbBiat3IT1U9ZRsxw-bjGv9E2aJz4BZwI9B6hoCYPUQAvD_BwE

IIRC they have three mounting tabs that you simply bend into place on install, and therefore bend back out of place to remove. No biggy.

Just check that previous owner hasn't supplemented the tabs with hot glue or cable ties, happens occasionally.  But try bending them and see if it moves, it probably will.