Bluetooth adaptor

Bill Grant

I want to put in a Bluetooth adaptor at the back of my standard CD player.  I tried a 12v version but it keeps dropping out of the socket and is now annoying me.  

Are they all the same if I buy one from Amazon ?

If not what do I look for ?

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, 999mch said:

Which stereo have you got ? I used to have something like this. I then changed to a Continental stereo. It does replace the multiplayer connection.

Black Bluetooth Adapter AUX Cable Fit for Porsche Becker Stereo 8PIN & 6PIN Port | eBay

Yes - it's the same, Becker.  for £8 I'll give it a whirl.  Thanks 

3 hours ago, 999mch said:

This is your other option as this allows you not only Bluetooth but also a memory card as well. Bluetooth Module AUX Cable Adapter fit for Porsche Becker Traffic Mexico Pro New | eBay 

Well thats torn it !

You got me thinking.....

And I started delving.....

I found a CarPlay Unit and then discovered I needed a "Double Din" Unit to allow me to fit in my centre console.  It's gone from £20 to £500 but if it gets me GPS mapping and the capability to play my music via bluetooth then I may consider.  Am trying to ascertain if these 2 components are "all" in need ? 
Wouldn't want to spend any more really.  If it mushrooms further then I'll keep to the Bluetooth unit and hang my Phone off the Dash as I am doing 

If you with the blue tooth adapter, wire to a switched feed. Otherwise it’s permanently live and your phone can randomly connect to it. Especially if your garage is integral to the house..

Also, if you have an apple phone and use Bluetooth, set up the Bluetooth connection type to something not called headphones or apple will turn down your phone for you when you exceed what it determines an acceptable period of volume.