Coloured wheel centre caps

andygo

Has anyone got a source of coloured wheel centre caps. There doesn'tseem to be a reasonably priced source on Ebay at the moment.

One of mine has started to discolour, despite me lacquering them from new.

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

What colour are you looking for? (I've got a set of unused replica black coloured ones in a box at home.

I would imagine he is talking about a coloured crest rather than a black and white crest. 

I assumed he was looking for coloured crests. My enquiry was in relation to what colour of centre cap he was looking for, as his requirements will depend on his wheel colour. 

I have spare black caps with coloured crests 

35 minutes ago, moonshine said:

I assumed he was looking for coloured crests. My enquiry was in relation to what colour of centre cap he was looking for, as his requirements will depend on his wheel colour. 

I have spare black caps with coloured crests 

I've sent you a PM. Thanks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, moonshine said:

Yes, saw those, 76mm is the correct size.

However I wasn't too impressed with sellers 50% reputation plus they are gloss black.

Edited by andygo

@andygo the gloss black is quite easily solved by buying 1 of those magic sponge things for taking marks off wallpaper etc. Then rub the sponge over the black shiny plastic, soon becomes semi Matt, you just need to be careful to do each centre, a similar amount so that they look similar. This is what I do on my Macan with satin black wheels. Obviously stay off the coloured crest. There is also normally a clear plastic stuck over the wheel centre, which needs to be peeled off. These wheel centres can normally be found for sale on Etsy for £20- £30 a set of 4

Edited by Toddie

Posted (edited)

I normally aerosol spray clear satin lacquer over the whole face to try and stop the crests corroding. 
Works really well and obviously turns the gloss into satin finish.

Edited by andygo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, andygo said:

I normally aerosol spray clear satin lacquer over the whole face to try and stop the crests corroding. 
Works really well and obviously turns the gloss into satin finish.

Do this ^

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Toddie said:

Wow, thats a great find, never heard of Onbuy. Have you purchased anything from them in the past?

As it happens I have a set on the way from Moonshine (who posted on the thread earlier).

The Onbuy ones are certainly worth bearing in mind though, thanks.

23 hours ago, andygo said:

, thats a great find, never heard of Onbuy. Have you purchased anything from them in the past?

Just ordered some for my new 981. Have used Onbuy in the past.

1 hour ago, red rocket said:

Just ordered some for my new 981. Have used Onbuy in the past.

Don't forget to report back when you get them please.