Window issue?

Wigs

Does it drop ok when you open the door from the inside ? If so then I would say it sounds like the door module (or rather the micro switch that tells it “door is open” ) 

Posted (edited)

Yes it drops fine when holding handle open but as soon as I let go of the handle the window goes back up, I’ve only noticed this with the outside handle, pretty sure it’s the same with the inside handle.

Edited by Wigs

20 minutes ago, Wigs said:

Yes it drops fine when holding handle open but as soon as I let go of the handle the window goes back up, I’ve only noticed this with the outside handle, pretty sure it’s the same with the inside handle.

Probably will do the same - there's 4 or 5 switches in play in the door - one on the outer handle, one on the inner, one on the latch, one to tell it to "lock" if you use the key and another that says "locking worked" - the latch one sounds like it's not working so you let go of either handle, car thinks door is shut and raises the window.

1 minute ago, Wigs said:

Thanks for the info, Any idea if it’s an easy fix or not?

If it’s the module it’s relatively straight forward but does require stripping out the door.  That needs to be done with care and put back together properly otherwise it’s a source of water ingress. 

there will be YouTube vids and howtos around but perhaps a job for someone who has done loads if you are unsure.