Holy mother!

My daughter will be 17 in September, she is very keen to learn to drive, so I have started making some enquiries. She likes the VW Lupo's and I thought it would be a sensible little car to start out in. Found a nice 1 litre example for about £2.5k so thought I'd check out the insurance...

Feck me, £1,663 is the cheapest I could find (confused.com)!

It is no wonder that so many youngsters are driving around with no insurance... <_<

17 you say :whistle:

:lol:

Yeah hear what you say Paul. 17 no experiance , FEMALE, behind the wheel .... and its ONLY £1,663 :shocked:

It should be double that !!! :lol:

Cut congestion Ban all Woman from the roads !!! :rocks:

Awaits Mrs Georges reply :icecream:

Prestige Insurance 01843 226921 ask fo Steve.

Mention me and tell him about the great deals he offers.

Or PM me the details and I will get Mrs Wish to have a look when shes next popping in to the office, which should be Friday.

Leave a contact number (yours not your Daughters) and Mrs Wish will call you with it.

Yeah hear what you say Paul. 17 no experiance , FEMALE, behind the wheel .... and its ONLY £1,663 :shocked:

:gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

Think it would be much wiser to ban all middle aged middle lane hogging men!!

:closedeyes:

You wont need to worry about the middle lane anne, when your on the bus !!!! :lol:

You wont need to worry about the middle lane anne, when your on the bus !!!! :lol:

Oh My God... I couldn't possibly ever get on a bus - think I'd come out in a rash..... :puke:

And it is proven that womens insurance is cheaper!!! :smoke2:

think I'd come out in a rash..... :puke:

You probably got it from that tent!

Paul, make her get a Saturday job to pay for the insurance then you don't care how much it costs.

Kids have it too easy these days, make her pay for the car, tax and insurance. All she will do is drive her mates to the pub all the time anyway. Much better if she doesn't drive, just gets wasted all the time and puts it about like wildfire like most teenage girls :vampire:

I didn't say I had a rash... I said that if I had to get on a bus I'd come out in rash..... :slap:

I didn't say I had a rash... I said that if I had to get on a bus I'd come out in rash..... :slap:

is it the vibrations?

No rash yet, Just the Flu :lol:

Prestige Insurance 01843 226921 ask fo Steve.

Mention me and tell him about the great deals he offers.

Or PM me the details and I will get Mrs Wish to have a look when shes next popping in to the office, which should be Friday.

Leave a contact number (yours not your Daughters) and Mrs Wish will call you with it.

Cheers mate! Very kind of you.

I'll give it a couple of weeks until we get a motor sorted out. You haven't got an 1.0l Lupo's knocking about have you???

Paul, make her get a Saturday job to pay for the insurance then you don't care how much it costs.

Working on that, just getting her through the GCSE's first... :smoke2:

Kids have it too easy these days, make her pay for the car, tax and insurance.

You old git... :D

if you spoil her now, she'll expect it for the rest of her life.

Daughter - Daddy, my Cayenne Turbo is dirty, I need a new one.

PaulB - Of course dear, daddy will get you a new one.

(after several hours and a proper sh@fting by the local OPC)

PaulB - Here you are Fifi-Trixabell-Orange-peel, here is you're new shiny Cayenne.

Daughter - What? I don't want that - look at the tyres, they're the wrong colour. Take it back!

PaulB - But Fifi-Trixabell-Orange-peel, Daddy spent a lot of money of that.

Daughter - I don't care, I want one with blue tyres. Get me one with blue tyres!

PaulB - But Fifi-Trixabell-Orange-peel, they don't make blue tyres...

Daughter - Well make some for me! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT!

PaulB - OK, how about if Daddy paints the tyres blue?

Daughter - Alright, that will do.....until you get me some blue tyres next week. Actually I want pink tyres.

Get the picture?

if you spoil her now, she'll expect it for the rest of her life.

snip

Get the picture?

You live in some weird parallel existance mate, either that or you've been watching Charlie & the Chocolate factory too much...

No rash yet, Just the Flu :lol:

shyate - thought that said thrush.... :whistle:

With two teenagers and a twenty something of my own all I can say is.........

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

and watch where your hard earned cash is going

:flush:

My daughter will be 17 in September, she is very keen to learn to drive, so I have started making some enquiries. She likes the VW Lupo's and I thought it would be a sensible little car to start out in. Found a nice 1 litre example for about £2.5k so thought I'd check out the insurance...

Feck me, £1,663 is the cheapest I could find (confused.com)!

It is no wonder that so many youngsters are driving around with no insurance... <_<

Is this policy in her name or yours (with your daughter as a named driver)? The latter usually works out cheaper - it's what I had my dad do for me back in the day... although I wasn't so fortunate as to have him buy me a car (I just nicked his battered old Renault 18 estate!).

Is this policy in her name or yours (with your daughter as a named driver)? The latter usually works out cheaper - it's what I had my dad do for me back in the day... although I wasn't so fortunate as to have him buy me a car (I just nicked his battered old Renault 18 estate!).

I tried doing it in my name but with her as a named driver and it came out more expensive... :blink: But I don't have any no-claims of my own either. I can (touch wood) report no fault accidents on the company motor but it's not the same as having no-claims of your own.

You have to put down that she will be the main driver anyway as it will be her car and I don't think there is much point dicking around with it or they might not pay out should that be required...

Archived