Elephant have sent me the renewal..

D8EAN

£1700

phoned them up - will not drop 1 penny...

time to look around any good recomendations.. I'm 23 need to be insured under mothers name Fully Comp and all the other stuff... will start looking around tomorow...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I had an expensive quote from them this year too, so I went with Halifax. Elephant really annoy me with their customer service. Twice I got through to a call centre in Banglador. Now this is a problem cos I was greeted with a series of rehursed soundbites not answers. The cultural difference is too wide. moan, moan, moan.

Jeoff

Try some of the web accessible insurers for a quick idea of market rates for you and your car.

http://www.autodirectinsuranceservices.co.uk/ and http://www.easycover.com/

include Norwich Union who are very good for young drivers on expensive cars and or bad driving records!

Jingle

1500 from admiral !!

getting cheaper!

where next - confused .com wont qoute - neither will the others posted earlier in the thread... maybe tesco next

Jammy git - Admiral always refuse to quote me!

£1500 isnt too bad for someone of your age (i.e. under 25, with a group 19 car), what were you paying before ??

I would think eSure wont touch you as your under 30, so Tesco and Bell Direct might be other options

matt,

you must live in the stix... anywhere near london and sub-£1k is no chance.

dean,

when you get your quote, get them to take off all the unnecessaries... breakdown cover is often included (around £80) and get them to compare the quote with different excesses...

i found out that if i reduced my excess by £250 then i would pay £230 extra premium... hence accept a higher excess and bank the difference.

p

its all so hit and miss with insurance - you have to phone round lots of places to get quotes as the cheapest this year may no longer be and the most expensive last year may be the cheapest!

its amazing how much the premium can change for different parts of the country.

Dean you should try and get your own insurance! If you've been driving under your mum's insurance for a few years and have made no claims then some companies will give you no claims discount - worth asking!

..can't get aquote generated from any of the on line chaps....might be something to do with the car being a 996 and my "little" incident writing off my new "s" earlier this year and the subsequent 46k payout being in my claims history :blush:

Archived