Elephant have sent me the renewal..

D8EAN

Halifax! They OWN Esure so they are cheaper than Esure by about 15% :D

I live in rural Herts, have a garage, do less than 10K miles per yr... dont need a tracker, it is garaged, i am early 30's with max no claims and no offences (apart from the odd bottom burp!) :lol: oh and the car is just <£50K with all the options which they cover :D

It was only £770 garaged in london before we moved!!!!

JC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in rural Herts, have a garage, do less than 10K miles per yr... dont need a tracker, it is garaged, i am early 30's with max no claims and no offences (apart from the odd bottom burp!) :lol: oh and the car is just <£50K with all the options which they cover :D

JC

its being the other side of 30 which helps! :D

Be aware of the Elephant changes below...............

Only applies if you have insurance with them i assume.

I insure 3 cars with effilump and think they are fab :bana:

I changed the 911 policy from someone else ££££ and they gave me full NCB but cannot protect till after 12 months period (soon).....a big saving, The Boxster S is just under £600 and around £100 cheaper than the old 964

QUOTED FROM THEIR EMAIL TO ME

An easier way to make changes to your policy

The big news this month is we've just launched an interactive Customer Services section on our website. Instead of calling us, or sending us an email to make a change to your policy, you can now go to our website, click on the Customer Services link and follow the instructions from there!

You can do all sorts of things, from changing your address to updating your payment details. Because it's all done automatically you can see straight away that your change has been made, so there's no waiting for that confirmation email! If anything on your Certificate of Motor Insurance changes, we'll automatically post you a new one.

If you contact us by phone or email to ask us to make a change to your policy we will charge you £6*. If you use our online Customer Services facility, we'll only charge you £2.50* for document and postage costs.

JC

its being the other side of 30 which helps! :D

well with Halifax it is the garage that is the clincher cos even as old as i am other insures still wanted to impregnate my exit hole! :o:vmad:

If you contact us by phone or email to ask us to make a change to your policy we will charge you £6*. If you use our online Customer Services facility, we'll only charge you £2.50* for document and postage costs.

Be aware this isnt an Elephant idle threat, they are charging this NOW,

I was charged the £2.50 to change my reg plates to the new on i bought.

Im not complaining though as they have saved me a small fortune and i cant find anyone to get close to them even though i try every year to save a few quid by shopping around

Have been with Bell Direct the past 5 years although Tesco are a bit cheaper I never bothered to swap. I have 2 Sp30's for speeding and NO claims ever. My occupation makes me a risk tho.

Admiral were cheaper than Bell Direct by nearly £300 this year. Ironic as Bell Direct are part of the same group.

Be aware this isnt an Elephant idle threat, they are charging this NOW,

I was charged the £2.50 to change my reg plates to the new on i bought.

Im not complaining though as they have saved me a small fortune and i cant find anyone to get close to them even though i try every year to save a few quid by shopping around

this is a bit cheeky but this is how elephant are competitive - based offshore, foreign call centres, charge for changes, don't insure extras (that last one is a con)

but when I weighed up the cost/probabilities I had to go with them rather than someone arguably more reputable

Elephant quote was £1060 v about £1600 for everyone else:

33, 4k per year, 9 years NCD, but 6 points, London, parked on street

I had to go with them rather than someone arguably more reputable

Elephant quote was £1060 v about £1600 for everyone else:

33, 4k per year, 9 years NCD, but 6 points, London, parked on street

Adam, That seems a fair cost.

Ive never claimed through them but a mate has and he sang their praises as they did a first class job through the start to finish, then he moved to another company as the next years premium was higher, not due to the accident may i add.

yeah I was happy with that

now worried next years renewal quote is going to jump up though :angry:

Ive been with Elephant since they started and ive had no surprises come the next premium apart from the usual slight increases.

As i said somewhere else i have 3 cars insured with them and they are fab :bana: till they pi$$ me off

How about £530 for fully comp with an excess of about £400...

OK, so I'm 28, listen to radio 2 and am usually in bed by 10.30 on a school night.

I was insured with ESure on a Merc C200 (only had the Porsche a week :D ). The internet quoting thing just laughed at me, but when I phoned up they agreed to insure me for an extra £130 as I was an 'existing customer'...

Might be worth giving them a call.

My car Insurance is due soon too so I'm ringing round for quotes at the min. I get my new Boxster S on 1st March 2004 hopfully, so I need to find the best all round deal to cover my present car and the new one when it arrives. Admiral came up with £500 for my current car and £2050 for the Box.

The best I've found is £880 for my current car and £1200 for the Boxster from Halifax on a new Boxster S and they don't require a Tracker, although I'm getting one fitted. Halifax are therefore nearly £500 cheaper for me.

Insurance is a bit of a Lottery really. The best places seem to be Direct Line, Admiral, Halifax or Tesco for me anyway.

BTW, 28 yrs old, 3 Yrs no claims, 1 accident 01/2001, no points, car on driveway

Dean, if u are still loooking & your mum is going to be the main person on the insurance, why not try one of the womens insurance companies? Diamond is really good, if she is first on the policy & you are named, you are both covered fully comp....worth a shot? www.diamond.co.uk :money:

Dean, I'm 23 paying a tad over 1600 with Tesco, this is in my own name, 1 accident, 2years NCB, it is insured for 13000 miles, with business cover etc. I don't worry too much about it cause with the business miles I do the company end up paying it by the end of the year!!! :rolleyes:

I did do quotes for me under my mums name on 911's with them and they were quite reasonable. Or you could try confused.com, fill your details out once and you get about 15 quotes back within the hour, plus they will work through your mums name as thats how i've got my BMW insured. £240!!!! although the BMW is a bit shyatee!!!

I'm 22 and I am getting laughed at. Tesco have quoted me £1.5k + but to be honest I somehow find that reasonable as my last car a Fiat Coupé 20v Turbo was 1.7k+ a year to insure.

Fiat coupé Vs PORSCHE Boxster ??

Whats happening there then, they were quotes from Tesco??

How many of you have a tracker fitted, as with tesco its a necessity!

Worth having though because I recently visited a good friend of mine who owns a recovery firm and there sat a MY02 2.7 in arctic silver in pieces. Some unruly gentlemen had decided to relieve the owner of his fine vehicle and dismantle it into small pieces to be sold on. Nice! Was recovered when the warehouse was raided for drugs and they opened up a container bound for the continent with a semi assembled Boxster.

Update - Tesco Best so far :bana:

Direct Line- :( wont quote me

Halifax- :stickprod: wont touch me

Elephant £1k worse than Tesco! :o

Archived