Insurance Question

I am about to purchase a Boxster S as a second car and have just spoken to insurance company who will honour the 9 yr no claim discount on the 2nd car. What has amazed me is they will also give the same 9yr no claims discount if the car is in my wifes name and so is the insurance policy with myself as a named driver.

The insurance company have confirmed that if my wife takes the insurance out with a different company next year instaed of renewing with them they will issue a 9yr no claim confirmation in writing!

This does not affect my 9 yrs no claim discount at all!

Anyone ever heard of the above, does sound too true to believe??????

Collecting the Boxster S Saturday and cant wait!

Jason

I am about to purchase a Boxster S as a second car and have just spoken to insurance company who will honour the 9 yr no claim discount on the 2nd car. What has amazed me is they will also give the same 9yr no claims discount if the car is in my wifes name and so is the insurance policy with myself as a named driver.

The insurance company have confirmed that if my wife takes the insurance out with a different company next year instaed of renewing with them they will issue a 9yr no claim confirmation in writing!

Jason

Hi

I entered into a similar "offer" with More Than a few years ago. They promised to duplicate my ncb 11+yrs onto a policy in my wife's name and as above claimed that at renewal if she went elsewhere she would keep the ncb. Imagine my surprise 12 months later when anonymous staff at their overseas call centre advised me this was not the case. :suicide_anim:

As is often the case if it sounds too good to be true.............

See if they will commit it in writing

Good luck

I had to transfer the NCB from my shopping trolly to the Boxster when I bought it, then start afresh with the shopping trolly. I think this practice is far more common - I'm very surprised by what you've been offered.

And I thought this practice of putting the policy in someone elses name then driving it yourself had been made "illegal"?

Jason

Try Admiral multi car. Worked a treat for me and was also the cheapest. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Archived