No NCB

Usually only the same insurer will accept previous years as a named driver into consideration.

Some time ago, Elephant let me keep 4 years as a named driver, on a new policy where I was the main driver. I'm upto about 9 now, which presumably I'll be able to take anywhere.

Usually only the same insurer will accept previous years as a named driver into consideration.

Some time ago, Elephant let me keep 4 years as a named driver, on a new policy where I was the main driver. I'm upto about 9 now, which presumably I'll be able to take anywhere.

We've had a different insurer every year Ive been a named driver, I'll ask though.

Any of the Elephant and Admiral group insurers will take into account you being a named driver but it has to have been a consecutive policy. I.E. you can't have changed insurance every year and then get all 4 years NCB just 1 year if you had changed every year.

Biggest difference for me was not the NCB it was adding my mum as a named driver! Saved £465 haha!

All sorted. Had a painful online quote from Admiral, but after talking to them and adding my wife's car for a future multicar the premium was much more reasonable. Nothing like what most of you pay of course, but quite reasonable in my opinion all things considered.

Cheers for the advice, got there in the end :)

@Skidd

Our current insurers did come around to it and offer to "match" my wife's NCB for my own policy but after doing whatever that took they hit another stumbling block - they wouldn't insure me for a car >3 litres until I'd held a license for 8 years.

My insurance quotes are not great. Anyone aware of an insurer that takes into account the fact Ive driven for four years as a named driver without any claims?

We may be able help, feel free to call us on 0208 3645500

Thanks for trying anyway. :thumbsup_anim:

Archived