Pleasant surprise....

Guys

Renewal time for my insurance and the Admiral multicar renewal came though at £711 - more than £100 less than the other two competitive quotes I got... so I thought it was a good price...

I went to Admiral's website and did a new multicar quote (BMW 530D, Boxster and XC90) and the renewal was only £537 for all three!!!

What a result - phoned them and they agreed to renew the existing policy at that price... no changes at all.

So, yes, I was about to be raped at the renewal price, but it was still a very competitive price against the others.

Very happy..£537.... does not get cheaper than that!

David

Nice to see some good news with reference to pricing of insurance policies.

Guvs.

Interesting to read this as I've just cancelled my Admiral multicar policy.

I rang to change the old 986 to the new 987s and was asked for an extra £300! I then asked what the price breakdown was and was told it would be £950 for my box and £980 for Mrs 'Scoobs X3. Armed with this info I compared the meerkat.

Cheapest name were esure £530 for the Boxster. Factor in that I got her beemer down to just over £500 via Sheila's Wheels (sister co to esure apparently) and I'm as near as makes no odds a grand a year better off.

Fair enough the esure quote didn't protect no claims but when i added that it only went up £30.

Always shop around. Always.

they offered me 2 cars at over 1,200 quid. looked on confused-dot-com and it was half and the cheapest quote but individually. called them up and they matched it.

i'm not happy about it....multicar sucks. def shop around.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived