ADMIRAL Multicar

EXY

Not just Admiral EXY

Just saying you need to read very carefully the policy conditions before you buy.

If you always go for the chealpest quote and never read the small print you are gonna catch a cold one day.

I hear you, not so long ago I choose 'Halifax' insurance because I thought they were a name I could trust, won't be making that mistake again.

This wasn't down to a misinterpretation of the policy but rather a total and utter lack of customer rapport, incidentally their complaints handler agreed :thumbsup_still:

Cheers everyone :D

I am currently insured with Admiral who were the cheapest with the Meerkats last August for the family hatch (£280 IIRC).

Boxster is due next month so just checking out the options, renewal is £350ish for a classic policy with a NI firm and £220ish with Admiral/Meerkats. Major difference is the classic policy has an agreed valuation of £12k for the Boxster.

Eddy's observation/post is worth checking as we all know there is rarely a STANDARD Boxster!

Ollie, do you have an 01/02 number I can call?

Sure but just for reference, the 03303 number is free to call from most mobile phone.

tel: 01707 642552

Thanks

Ollie

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blinking heck Ollie I've been discriminated against again just because i'm a Traveller :crying_anim:

Turns out you don't do Norn Iron matey ;)

Like some others have said - they get you in with some competitive prices - then come renewal time they rely on you not being bothered to shop around and try to hit you with a big premium.

Used Confused and it came up with far cheaper prices from Admiral than the renewal price they had quoted - not a good way to keep long term loyal customers

I have been with them for years... since they started multicar.

I have been lucky with the xc90, 5 series and the boxster for £630ish all in - covering wifey and self driving...but has been said, never had a claim thankfully.

I informed them of different alloys and it was a tenner if they were oem or £20 for aftermarket regardless of wheel/tyre.

They also give you discount if you have passed your IAM test.

At renewal time, I run through the online quite generator again and they match it if it is lower - if it does not work, use your neighbours address not yours as I think (like others) they stop you using it if you already have cover with them.

David

• 4 weeks later...

I had a good quote for the first year then come renewal time found it cheaper to split the cars onto seperate policies once more.

Was with them up to this year but come renewal policy has gone up by £320 for 3 vehicles which on a phone call was reduced by £10 a car!!! total cost of £824. numerous other companies are around the £540 mark.

Obviously Admiral don't want existing customers.

Robbsy

Archived