Adrian Flux

Just had quotes for standard 3 year old Boxster from Flux, APlan, Bridle and Sky

Sky wouldn't quote without a tracker being installed. Bridle and APlan were both around the £750 mark. Flux were £330. All with same £300 excess

Using all the normal comparison sites gave a price of £375 with Swiftcover

Any reason not to go with Flux? Do they replace damage with Porsche parts and do you have to use their repairers?

Flux, Bridle and APlan are all just brokers. The thing that will determine your cover if you have are involved in an accident is the underwriter.

I'v used Flux before and found them to be decent, although I didnt have any claims.

Used Flux for years always competitive,never used them in anger though.....as above they are just a broker.

As I'm 64, I insure with Saga, £245 for Boxster (inc legal cover) and £161 for Merc. One of the few advantages of age, along with xmas fuel allowance, free prescriptions and eye tests, bus pass, senior railcard. Actually a lot of advantages, and plenty of time to enjoy hobbies and car!

As I'm 64, I insure with Saga, £245 for Boxster (inc legal cover) and £161 for Merc. One of the few advantages of age, along with xmas fuel allowance, free prescriptions and eye tests, bus pass, senior railcard. Actually a lot of advantages, and plenty of time to enjoy hobbies and car!

Sorry for the hyjack Daz, but Richard what Lambretta floats your boat

Hi Bob,

I had a TV175 series 1 at 16, then went on to a LI 125 series 3, but always fancied the GT(TV)200. I found one that had been under a under a tarpaulin for about 10years in the next village to me about 15 years ago, had it restored by Armandos of Sheffield, and had it for 4/5 years before selling it, but still have a great interest in them. Whats your story?

Used Flux for years always competitive,never used them in anger though.....as above they are just a broker.

Complete opposite experience to me: the only quote I had from them was absurd and I've not bothered since.

Hi Bob,

I had a TV175 series 1 at 16, then went on to a LI 125 series 3, but always fancied the GT(TV)200. I found one that had been under a under a tarpaulin for about 10years in the next village to me about 15 years ago, had it restored by Armandos of Sheffield, and had it for 4/5 years before selling it, but still have a great interest in them. Whats your story?

I had a TV 175 also, but I was not a purist, I stripped it down to the frame as it was given to me with more than a fair amount of dents and flat paintwork, by a bloke whose wife threatened to leave him unless he got shot of it, you get the picture it was that good!

I just left the headset in tact, and two bits of timber for foot plates and fitted an Ancillotti seat, ( ugly thing really) whilst waiting for my provisional license, and when that arrived my old mum bribed me with car purchase money if I sold the scooter as she did not want me on the road with it, ashamed to say I drove it illegal a few times.

Archived