Aircon button quick fix

mhb987

Hi guys,

Just did a quick fix on my 987's terrible aircon dials. Read a few ways to fix them - the decal things to retain the text looked interesting but I thought anything was better for now and used what I already had laying around.

All I used was;

Scissors

Halfords plastic bag (you can use any bag ;))

Masking tape 

Matte black plastidip

The process is pretty self explainitory so I'm not going to go into detail. The whole thing took about an hour, 45 minutes of which was drying time and I was sat in the house!

I went for 4 coats. If it doesn't last I'll update you all :).

I peeled the masking off in one go, and the surplus came off with it. 

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

image_7.jpeg

image_8.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

not bad finish at all 

do you have any closer shots of the final finish 

looks a lot better than the decal thing i got 

shame you lose the backlit part but i guess that would be a nightmare to mask off 

Looks a whole heap better than before, when the time arrives for mine im I've had this site bookmarked for a while, £70 rings a bell 

http://www.climaterepair.co.uk/index.html

looks tidy enough for nothing, might even be a permanent fix, only time will tell. 

Guvs.

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:07 AM, pgk188 said:

I painted mine with a rattle can as well and got a good result. I took the unit out of the car to stop any over-spray etc, which was very easy to do.

Just out of interest did you find any easy guides to removing this unit - I would like to treat my two worn buttons and out would be better than in I guess?

Cheers.

Archived