Thinking about buying a 987

Paul O

Been looking on-and-off recently at getting another Boxster to add to the fleet. Its been a few months since the last purchase, time for another one :D.

My Porsche history so far has been Boxster 986, Cayman 987, 911 (997) Carrera S Cabrio, Cayenne.

My spec requirement is pretty simplistic.... I want a silver one, 2.7, wind deflector and the S wheels. Not really arsed about the rest, as its just going to be a short-term thing and a third car.

Not quite ready to buy, but I'm doing the daily Auto Trader search as 'The Want' grows. But it needs to be less than £10k, but ideally around the £8k mark. However, most of the ones I can see advertised at the moment seem to be a bit on the ropey side, missing history, lots of caution on the MOT history or cr*p modifications like aftermarket sat navs and painted alloys.

So, where are all the good ones? I know £10k aint much, but the market seems pretty awash with cars. I'm just surprised how many of them seem to be a bit shyate. :P

If you spot a good un, let me know :rocks:

1 hour ago, The Caped Crusader said:

On a separate note,  what made you decide to get rid of the 997? Did you rate it? 

It was awesome mate. I agonised over the decision to sell for months, but circumstances at the time meant it had to go. I'm still not sure if it was the right thing to do. Head says it absolutely was, but heart not so sure - there is still nothing out there at the price point to beat it - hence my still empty garage. :(

It was going to be a Fezza next, but the prices have gone mental. So ill stick with Porsche for now, maybe a 991 Cabrio when they drop in value or I pull my finger outta my ass and start earning the good wedge again. :) 

Archived