New 718 Lead times?

Toeside

On 16 July 2016 at 9:54 PM, Toeside said:

Second test drive now arranged 2.0 + 2.5 but tbh the 2.0 is fast enough.........but you have to scratch....that itch!

Interested in the difference between different OEM dealers  approach :)

Good move to have a second test drive with both cars. On the road I could not see the  advantage of the bigger engine and I don't intend to track day the car. The Boxster I recently sold was bought new by me in 2002. I also plan to keep this car for a very long time. Ive had the car for three weeks now and I love it. Mind you if you go down the second hand route and buy a 981, again a good choice. Good luck with your test drives. Any questions re the 718, please ask.

to the retired guy....at 70, get a new car with whatever spec you want and enjoy it as much as you can while you still can - no insult meant here at all, merely a statement to not worry and enjoy life!

(...and I'm jealous as I've no idea when/if I will retire :-) )

14 minutes ago, Jonnyspin said:

to the retired guy....at 70, get a new car with whatever spec you want and enjoy it as much as you can while you still can - no insult meant here at all, merely a statement to not worry and enjoy life!

(...and I'm jealous as I've no idea when/if I will retire :-) )

Thats just what I've done.

So the test drives went ok but the road choice was cr*p and I was supervised by the sales manager/executive!..............so not impressed on that front. The manual gearbox is really very good. Much sweeter closer gate but the same style as my 987 if you understand. I think the PDK offers more options but its a 2K option top up.

The PDK not only make the acceleration faster, increases the economy but also lowers the tax :wacko:

I cannot justify the 2.5 its an extra 8K on basic price. To get a well specc'd car you are looking at 10K's worth of extras :blink:. These are normally silly figures for me but the time is probably right to treat myself.

Any one interested in a 987 3.2 S :o

Archived