Rattling Wind Stopper

DazWhite987

I decided the there was basically too much flex on the plexi glass so I fitted a small aluminium U channel section along the top of the glass and that has sorted it (at any speed). Stopped the flex by supporting the glass in the centre section. Its removable if anyone wants to return it to OEM

:)

50 minutes ago, Toeside said:

I decided the there was basically too much flex on the plexi glass so I fitted a small aluminium U channel section along the top of the glass and that has sorted it (at any speed). Stopped the flex by supporting the glass in the centre section. Its removable if anyone wants to return it to OEM

:)

Pictures? 

I ended up putting some black foam underneath mine. Rattle stopped. But i do worry the screen might pop out at speed (regardless of foam)!

I've got the same problem with mine, some foam did the trick for a while but now it rattles at anything over 60. Sounds like it's going to pop out at times!

Ta!

Its pretty simple and basic. I glued a Spine binder into the aluminium channel (it was a tight fit already so nice and snug) and it basically slides over the plexi glass. Thats the black strip bit below the channel.

• 2 weeks later...

In the end bought some £5 black heavey duty draught proof weather strip from B n Q , cut 2 pieces for each side and bingo no more rattles....!

On 31 July 2016 at 4:31 PM, DazWhite987 said:

In the end bought some £5 black heavey duty draught proof weather strip from B n Q , cut 2 pieces for each side and bingo no more rattles....!

Is this the stuff you bought? - http://www.diy.com/departments/stormguard-rubber-self-adhesive-weather-strip-l35m/26863_BQ.prd?icamp=recs

12 hours ago, Boxstercol said:

Yeah that's the stuff......it is quite thick but easily manageable, lovely and quiet in the cabin now ,unless of course I press the loud pedal.....?

On 2 August 2016 at 9:05 AM, DazWhite987 said:

Yeah that's the stuff......it is quite thick but easily manageable, lovely and quiet in the cabin now ,unless of course I press the loud pedal.....?

Cheers. Will aim to pick some up over the next few days - will be good to eliminate one rattle at least!

At what points on the wind deflector did you attach this stuff? I've used something similar before but the edges of the deflector are a bit awkward as they're recessed by the clips. I've found that the stuff I've used previously compresses & then it starts to rattle again!

Archived