multi car renewal - advice please

Hi All,

ive just had my renewal notice through from Aviva which so kindly informed me that I don't need to do a thing and that they were so kind they would auto renew for me.. All very sweet of them and of course I have no issue at all with their 42% increase in premium, despite me not having a claim, issue or any incident whatsoever.. must think I fell of the top of the Christmas Tree.

Where I need some help is that I have 2 cars, my Boxster RS60, 8 years old and does about 5k per year, the others an 18 month old Cayenne Diesel that does 12k.

I have them on a multi car policy, which gives me the facility to mirror my 10 years NCB to both vehicles.. 

Im the only driver, however my daughter has used the Box twice in a year as a named driver on that car only so am thinking of taking her off.

Are there any brokers/insurers that would insure the cars on separate policies and allow me the NCB on both?

Ill be beggared if I'm lining the pockets of greedy Aviva anymore....

suggestions gratefully recieved

We are also able to offer a mirrored NCB policy, from a price point of view the Boxster will definitely be cheaper without your daughter....Then if she needs to use it once or twice a year you could just look to do a  Temp Add Driver for a short period.

You will probably find that the cheapest quote for the Cayenne can be had via the comparison sites like go compare, so it may make sense to break the policies up so you have the cayenne insured with your NCB online and then do a mirrored NCB policy elsewhere with the Boxster.

If we can help with a quotation please give us a call on 01277 650866 or drop me a PM with your contact details and we can get in touch to run a price.

Kind Regards

Neil

So after speaking with a few brokers / insurers Richard at A Plan Thatcham came up trumps for me. Both Cayene and Boxster insurers, gave me full 10 year NCD on both and was about £300 cheaper than Aviva's renewal offering.

Helpful guy and dead chuffed with the outcome.

Bit late to the party, sorry, but if anyone needs the same advice in future, I use a company called Pace Ward. I have 5 vehicles on one policy, one is the Porsche, another is a much modified Evo, a Mk1 MR2, an elderly Lexus IS300 and my work van, a 59 plate Ford Connect 110 Limited, insured for business. I pay about £1500 for them all. They're worth a call. They only charged me about £180 to add the Boxster on recently, and I hadn't long renewed, so that's pretty much representative for the year.

Archived