What colour is this?

MartinRS2K

My 2001 986S didn't seem to show the interior colour on the options sticker. The fourth line down on the sticker was meant to be "Paint code/Interior trim" from the caption in the service book. However, the two codes shown on my sticker for that line (L12H X4) both corresponded to the exterior colour (Speed Yellow - I believe the first part is the industry-standard colour code and the second part is the Porsche-specific code). 

X4 is shown in this colour/trim reference as Speed Yellow http://industryfigure.com/berkeley/Porsche/Options/Options01Colors_16Aug00.htm  According to that same document, black leather interior should have been AD but that code didn't appear anywhere on my options sticker.

I wonder if there were so many combinations of interior trim (with customers being allowed to specify individual parts in leather, carbon, aluminium etc) that they didn't bother trying to capture it at all on the options sticker.

Back to OP's question, I haven't got a brochure for a 2004 986 but in 2001 the only grey interior colours were Graphite Grey (standard leather, code CE) and Natural Grey ('natural leather', a premium trim which looks like a darker colour than yours, code 01). When the 987 was introduced, the 'standard' grey interior was 'Stone Grey' and the natural leather was then called Dark Grey but I don't know if those colours were added before the end of the 986 range. I suspect your interior is probably Graphite Grey, but possibly Stone Grey.

6 minutes ago, edc said:

Is it me or is the colour on the gaitor and centre console "cheeks" different to the seats?

No it's not just you ... the seats are blue! :lol: http://www.BoXa.net/forum/index.php?/topic/69892-finally-bought-a-boxster/&do=findComment&comment=864774

4 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

Very odd. I've not seen that combination before. I've seen a few combination of the red/black interior. I would be tempted to put in a black wheel and gaitor.

As Martin said on the other thread that the car had heated seats, I wondered if the entire seats had been swapped over from another car - the options sticker should show if they were fitted originally as they should show up as codes 139 (left) and 340 (right)

Vehicle Options are as follows :-

986 311

C16 : UK Car

342 : Seat Heating Left & Right

441 : Radio Speakers & Antenna Amplifier

454 : Cruise Control

502 : Production in Valmet, Finland (Is this correct for this code?)

551 : Wind Deflector Cabriolet

567 : Windshield Green Graduated Tint

584 : Storage Box above Engine Lid

659 : Onboard Computer

697 : Porsche CDR-23

Colour : L6B4 Y1

Got an update from Porsche Kendal

Looks like the seats have been swapped out for whatever reason and they should be Alcantara with Leatherette in Grey

The gear leaver gaiter and other trim bits are Graphite Grey / Sport Silver

So I now need to find a pair of Alcantara seats in Grey for sale B)

The colour is Graphite Grey as you say. The colour code for Graphite Grey is 'CZ'.

You can get the dye separately for £10 here:

http://www.dynamixdyes.com/porsche-car-leather-dye-mini-30ml-1682-p.asp

I've ordered some, so if you want I'll let you know how good of a match it is before you try it :)

28 minutes ago, geraintthomas said:

The colour is Graphite Grey as you say. The colour code for Graphite Grey is 'CZ'.

You can get the dye separately for £10 here:

http://www.dynamixdyes.com/porsche-car-leather-dye-mini-30ml-1682-p.asp

I've ordered some, so if you want I'll let you know how good of a match it is before you try it :)

That would be great thank you :)

Archived