rattle when engine turned off

alank

does  anyone have any idea why my engine has a slight rattle when switching off when warm. I havnt had a chance to get under yet so really looking for any pointers. thanks,

Great drive through the new forest today, cant be many topless drives left this year. 

Some of the best roof down drives are in the cooler crisper weather. You'll soon find out as you get longer into your ownership :)  

8 hours ago, alank said:

Great drive through the new forest today, cant be many topless drives left this year. 

I dont bother driving mine unless I can have the top down.

I had some really enjoyable top down drives through last winter. Heater on 27deg. Seat heating on.  Wooly hat on if you need to. 

I have got my winter wheels/tyres ready to swap on next month.  All set for those crisp sunny days.  Bring it on...

EDC , I was reading about when you first got your car( nice, my favourite wheels) and you mention about the lateral movement of your stick, did you manage to restore it any better, as mine is exactly the same. I looked at the gearbox end and can not see any obvious places to grease. ( seems just a cable End Cup fitting on to a Ball on gearbox lever, in 2 positions ) Am I missing something else to grease. many thanks alan

I replied on your other thread and on my running report it also goes on to say I had the cables replaced.

1 hour ago, edc said:

I replied on your other thread and on my running report it also goes on to say I had the cables replaced.

OK, ive gone back and read it again. i will grease first, then consider cables, or just do some arm exercise . thanks

Archived